Friday, October 28, 2011

Final Project Proposal

Image Source           
I am going to complete Option #1. I chose this option because I do not have any passion about monsters, which was the alternative option. I like that Option #1 was a little more open-ended. I decided to do my project on the canonical author, William Carlos Williams. I chose him after doing some brief but sufficient research, because his poetry is readable and contemporary enough for me. The American subject-matter is relatable, and I generally enjoy is style. I also chose him because even though I am having to dive deep into the book of poetry I am reading, it’s not as much to read as say, a novel might have been by another author. It was tough fitting Frankenstein into my life. The primary text I have chosen is Selected Poems by William Carlos Williams, edited by Robert Pinsky. I plan to finish reading the book this weekend, as our rough drafts for the project are due next week. I am hoping to accomplish a satisfactory grade, for sure. But beyond that I hope to connect to and understand William Carlos Williams to the best of my ability… I also hope to have a strong thesis about him, as I have not felt too great about my previous theses in this class. Conducting research with secondary sources is something that I have a few questions about, mainly about how to find what I am looking for, and also- what is a database in relation to this project? I will email Mrs. Cline soon to have my questions answered. This biography on William Carlos Williams, as well as selected poetry on the same website led me to choose him for my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment